Appearance：COLOURLESS LIQUID , WITH PUNGENT ODOUR.
Stability：Stable, but reacts violently with water. Highly flammable. Incompatible with moisture, water, strong bases, strong acids, strong oxidizing agents.
Storage Condition：Flammables area
Vapor Density：5.2 (vs air)
Vapor Pressure：150 mm Hg ( 25 °C)
1. CAS No. 75-79-6 is an organic compound, also known as Acetone, a colorless, volatile, flammable liquid with a characteristic pungent odor. It is miscible with water and is used as a solvent in a variety of industrial processes.
2. Acetone is a widely used industrial solvent, with a variety of applications. It is used as a solvent for paints, varnishes, lacquers, and other coatings, as well as in the manufacture of synthetic fibers, plastics, pharmaceuticals, and other chemicals. It is also used in the cleaning of metal surfaces, in dry cleaning, and in the extraction of essential oils.
3. Acetone is a relatively safe solvent, with a low toxicity profile. The most commonly reported side effects of exposure to high concentrations of Acetone are irritation of the eyes, nose, and throat, dizziness, and headaches. Long-term exposure to high concentrations of Acetone can lead to liver and kidney damage.
4. Acetone is a flammable liquid and should be handled with care. It should be stored in an area with good ventilation and away from sources of sparks and flames. It should be kept in a tightly sealed container, away from other materials that may ignite it.
5. Acetone is a common ingredient in many household products, such as nail polish remover, paint stripper, and paint thinner. It should be used with caution in these products, as it can be flammable and cause irritation to the skin and eyes.